No matter your age, skincare is an important part of any healthy routine. For aging skin, it can become especially important so that you can stay comfortable as you grow older. If you or your aging loved ones are facing any of these skin issues, follow our tips to look and feel better!
Thin and Dry Skin
There are many methods for addressing this condition because it is an extremely common complaint at any age. Try these tips:
- Run a humidifier in your home
- Avoid hot baths and frequent showers
- Use mild soaps and gentle moisturizers
- Avoid bedsores by ensuring caregivers know to help with frequent repositioning
Getting a healthy dose of vitamin D can be helpful to address many mental and physical health issues, but spending too much time in direct sunlight is extremely harmful to the skin. It can result in ailments like sun spots or skin cancer, so be sun-smart:
- Try to avoid too much exposure between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm
- Use sunscreen with SPF 15 or more
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours
- Cover up with loose, comfortable clothing and hats
There is nothing wrong with having wrinkled skin, but many people do prefer to slow down this sign of aging. While completely preventing wrinkles isn’t possible, you can make an effort to avoid excess sun exposure and stay hydrated to keep up your skin’s elasticity. If your wrinkles result in discomfort, talk to your doctor about possible treatments.
Whether you’re dealing with a specific skin issue or you’re simply looking to keep your skin healthier, eating right and drinking plenty of water are both important pieces to add to your skincare routine. Give our team a call today to learn more about the care we provide.